Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gruppo Thin Crust is the thinnest in the streets


Gruppo Pizza really represents the true meaning of “A slice of life”, by bringing a heartbeat to pizza. In the East Village, right by my sister’s old apartment, There lies Gruppo Thin Crust pizzeria. When I first came in I didn’t really want to be there, but my parents were treating Rachel and me and I couldn’t turn up on the offer. I immediately fell in love after my first slice of their Meat Lovers pie.  The Meat Lover's is pizza topped with sweet and hot italian sausage and thin sliced pepperoni. Their other pies make it hard to come to a final decision. 

The restaurant has a warmth to it that makes you feel welcomed to relax and enjoy a nice hot meal. Their House pies are what they are known for with all pies served with a thin crisp crust. Each pie has a creative twist to them that separates them from other pizzerias. The salads have unique ingredients like Baby spinach, cranberries, candied pecans, pears with lemon, vinaigrette, dressing that when combined make up the Spinach Salad which is a step ahead in a new direction of salad.

When I recently made my visit, I ordered a personal size Salsiccia Dolce pie. It had a sweet taste to it from the sweet Italian sausage and caramelized onions that created the top layer of the pie. The layer of basil was refreshing and brought the other ingredients together  to create a rich overall taste. After four slices I felt like I couldn't eat anymore but I still couldn't stop myself from eat the remaining slices.


                     
    This is the Salsiccia Dolce pie.
How could I turn down such a great pizza? 
    
   

                                                                The Meat Lover's pie .


If I was president and had an official stamp that allowed me to stamp “approve” on every important document; this review would receive that stamp of approval.

Personal pies range from eight dollars and fifty cents to twelve dollars and fifty cents depending on the pie.

Salads range from five dollars to eight dollars.

You can even customize a pie with a starting price of seven dollars for a nine-inch personal pie or fourteen dollars for a large sixteen-inch pie.
You have a wide selection of toppings to choose from, such as sweet red peppers, marinated diced tomatoes and Portobello mushrooms.  

Stop in or get it delivered. Just try the pizza already.

Deliveries are made from 11:30 am to 10 pm every day.

Need to know the address? 
Just keep reading.















 The address is:
186 Avenue B, between eleventh and twelfth.
New York, NY, 10009

Need to know how to get there?
Take the L train to fourteenth and First Avenue.





                 
                           

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment